SELangkah: QR code Framework for Covid-19 Contact Tracing

KUALA LUMPUR, May 4 — Selangor rolled out a visitor registration system dubbed SELangkah: Langkah Masuk dengan Selamat to manage the spread of Covid-19 infection during the conditional movement control order (CMCO) period.

“Premise visitors are asked to scan the QR code posters, by using the camera function on their mobile phones, either before entering the premises or when making a payment, depending on the arrangement of the owner of the respective premises.

“The visitors’ logs of these premises will be regulated by the state government administration activated by a public health officer in the event of a Covid-19 incident reported on the premises (such as supermarkets, grocery stores, wholesale markets, and others). Through this initiative, all visitors to the premises can be reached and is easily contacted,’’ Selangor Mentri Besari Datuk Seri Amirudin Shari said in a statement.

Benefit

This digital approach enable state government to keep track of visitors via digital log and allow quick contact tracing by health authorities if one of the visitors test positive for Covid-19. Besides, it eliminate manual pen and paper registration.

Steps for business owners:

1. Go to SELangkah official website
  2. Click ‘Not Found? Self-Register’ button
    Self-register
  3. Fill in information requested as in pictures below and Click ‘Simpan’ button
  4. After that, you will get your business QR code
  5. Print your QR code on poster
  6. Display it on your store entrance

Steps for premise visitors:

1. Scan QR code displayed on premise
Users Scan QR code
Apple users Camera
Google Lens
  1. Register your phone number
  2. Show received pin or QR code if requested

I think this framework brings convenience to business owner to operate their business in CMCO. I realize few business already start using it for instance Big Pharmacy and MPSJ. How about you?

Can do a post to sharing how many apps Malaysian should have during this MCO and CMCO? :grin:

I think basically three of it since SELangkah just a QR code framework but not an app