image credit : bake-eat-repeat
PREP TIME 20 minutes COOK TIME 10 minutes TOTAL TIME 30 minutes
- 1 cup (0.5 lb, 227g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (1.4oz, 40g) corn starch
- 1 1/2 cups (7.5oz, 213g) all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup (2oz, 57g) powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5mL) vanilla
- 15 candied cherries, sliced in half
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Slice the candied cherries in half. In a large bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the corn starch, flour, powdered sugar, and vanilla, and whip until light and fluffy. Make sure to whip the dough until it comes together into a ball and isn’t crumbly at all (see Notes).
- Roll the dough into small balls, about 1 tablespoon each, and place them about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Dip a fork into a small bowl of flour and press the cookies down with it to flatten them. Make sure to dip the fork into the flour and shake off the excess before flattening each cookie so that it doesn’t stick.
- Place half a cherry in the middle of each cookie, pressing it down lightly.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 7 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.