Tzu Chi launches "Kita1Keluarga" program to provide 3 months of assistance to poor families.
Image Source: Malay Mail
While the movement control order (MCO) has been gradually relaxed since June 10, the impact from the Covid-19 pandemic continues to linger.
The future seems bleak for those who have lost their jobs and ability to fend for themselves and their families.
The Department of Statistic Malaysia on May 16 said there were over 770,000 Malaysians left unemployed resulting in a five per cent spike in unemployment rate which climbed to a 30-year high in April 2020.
With the goal of bringing together kind-hearted Malaysians to help those in dire need, Tzu Chi Kuala Lumpur and Selangor recently launched the “Kita1Keluarga” relief programme.
The Tzu Chi Klang Branch said that they will raise aid through donation activities and are expected to provide three months of financial assistance to 3000 poor families in Selangor, Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya. Each household will receive between RM 500 and 800 per month.
“Kita1Keluarga” the application conditions are as follows:
- Malaysian citizen or permanent resident
- Currently living in Kuala Lumpur, Selangor or Putrajaya
- The income is affected by the epidemic, and the total household income is reduced by more than 50%
- Before the popularity, the total family income did not exceed RM3,000; if the applicant was a family, but the total personal income did not exceed RM1,500
- Unable to apply for SOCSO EIS
- Currently not receiving cash assistance from other charities (including Tzu Chi) (government assistance, such as JKM / Bantuan Prihatin / Bantuan Sara Hidup, etc. can accept applications)
Tzu Chi volunteers will then meet with eligible applicants through home visits to review and assess their needs.
Successful applicants will be notified by Tzu Chi from mid-August and the distribution will be from September until November.
The Tzu Chi Foundation also invites Malaysians to come together in this time of calamity to reach out to fellow citizens who need help.
“Collectively, every Ringgit raised will yield great strength and power, to help the poor to regain their footing and stabilise our society.
“Tzu Chi Foundation invites everyone to join hands with us on this “Kita1Keluarga” relief programme,” it said said in a press release.
For more details, please refer to tzuchi.my
Information Sources: cincainews