Top Disney Executive become TikTok's New CEO

TikTok’s next CEO will be Kevin Mayer, a top Disney executive who spearheaded the launch of Disney Plus. TikTok, a social app for sharing short videos, has exploded in popularity in recent years, but the China-based service has bumped up against questions in the US and elsewhere about its privacy, child safety, user data and content moderations practices.

Monday, TikTok-owner ByteDance said it named Mayer the CEO of TikTok and the chief operating officer of ByteDance as a whole, reporting to ByteDance’s founder and CEO Yiming Zhang.

“Like everyone else, I’ve been impressed watching the company build something incredibly rare in TikTok – a creative, positive online global community – and I’m excited to help lead the next phase of ByteDance’s journey as the company continues to expand its breadth of products across every region of the world,” Mayer said in a statement, adding a note of thanks to Disney, it chairman Bob Iger and newly installed CEO Bob Chapek.

[Read the full news here => www.cnet.com]

I am so excited to see the top executice of the well-known entertainment company, Disney lead the company of a popular mobile app, TikTok. Do this arrangement surprise you too?