Yield: 10-12 servings.
- 2 cups fresh-grated coconut
- 10 Tbs. grated Java dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. granulated sugar
- 1 3-inch cinnamon stick, broken in half
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup rice flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1¾ cups coconut milk
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 drops green food coloring (optional)
- Vegetable oil
- Mix the grated coconut, grated Java dark brown sugar and granulated sugar, cinnamon and ½ tsp.salt together.
- Fry the mixture in a dry pan over medium/low heat, constantly stirred for approximately 5 minutes, or until the mixture is dry.
- Remove the cinnamon stick, and set it aside.
- Mix the rice flour, cornstarch, coconut milk, ½ tsp. salt, green food coloring and egg into a smooth batter.
- Lightly oil an 8-inch frying pan, and pour 3 tablespoon of the batter into the pan. Make sure the pan is equally covered with the batter so it becomes a thin layer pancake. Fry for one minute, turn the pancake over and fry for another minute. Remove and set aside.
- Place 2 Tbs. of the coconut mixture on the near edge of the pancake. Fold over once, then tuck in the left and the right sides and fold over once more. Press gently to distribute the filling evenly.
Serve at room temperature.