- 200 gr. glutinous rice flour
- 1 Tbs. slaked lime water
- banana leaves
- ¼ grated coconut
- pinch of salt
- Palm sugar syrup
- Soak the glutinous rice in water for an hour and drain. Add the slaked lime water to make the rice rolls more solid, and stir.
- Take a piece of banana leaf and fill it ¾ full with glutinuous rice (just like making rice rolls). Secure the ends and tie rolls with string so that they will not burst during the boiling.
- Put the rolls in a saucepan and cover with water. Boil for 4 hours, drain and allow the rolls to cool. Add more hot water during the cooking when necessary.
- Serve the rolls by cutting it into 2 cm thick slices.
- Sprinkle the grated coconut which a pinch of salt has been added on top of the rolls and pour the palm sugar syrup over them.