image credit : rakskitchen
- 1/2 cup Pasi paruppu/ yellow moong dal
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup minus 2 tsp Ghee
- 2 Cardamom
- 6 Cashew nuts
- Dry roast moong dal in medium flame well until it turns golden brown in colour. It takes time, but ensure you fry well, otherwise the taste and flavour will not be nice. Roast with ladle continuously to ensure even roasting.
- Cool down and powder it finely into a powder. In between grinding, wipe the sides to make sure no dal is stuck to the walls of the mixer. If mixer gets hot while grinding, rest it for a while and continue to avoid damage to the machine.
- Powder sugar too in the same way into a fine powder along with cardamom. Melt the ghee and fry the cashews broken into tiny bits. In a mixing bowl, take the powdered items and pour the melted ghee, add cashews to it. Mix well with a spatula.
- If its hot, let it wait until you are able to handle the heat and start making laddus.