Image Credit: Cake Culture
Yield: Serve when cool
- 570cc or 30 egg yolks
- 525-600 g butter, whipped or melted
- 100 g flour, sifted
- 300 g granulated sugar
- 3 Tbs. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbs. special layer cake extract (optional)
- 15 g powdered milk
- ½ tps. powdered vanilla extract
- Place the egg yolks, granulated sugar and vanilla into mixing bowl. Beat to very high soft peak.
- Stir in the layer cake extract, flour and butter. The batter should be very thick.
- Place wax paper at the bottom of a 8x8x8 inch buttered baking pan. Spread butter on top of the wax paper as well.
- Pour 3-4 Tbs. of batter into the wax covered pan and bake in a preheated 350°F oven (gas oven is better than electric oven) for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and press the cake evenly and then spread butter (not to much, just for flavoring) on cake top. Pour another 3-4 Tbs. of batter and bake it again for five minutes. Keep doing this step until the batter is finished.
Serve when cool. Makes 30 slices.