Man allegedly beaten to death by wife, say cops

JOHOR BARU: A man was found dead in his house and believed to have been beaten to death by his wife.

According to Johor Baru South OCPD Asst Comm Raub Selamat, the police received a report about the incident around 7.50am on Friday (July 15).

He said that the victim, Lee Ming How, 44, was found lying motionless on the floor in his house when the police arrived.

"The suspect of this case is the victim’s 35-year-old wife. We believe that the suspect had beaten up the victim to death.

“We have arrested his wife and will apply for a remand order,” he said, adding that a statement would be issued soon.

He said the victim’s son was a witness to the incident and that the case is being investigated under Section 302 of the Penal Code for murder.

“We have sent the victim’s body to Hospital Sultanah Aminah for post-mortem,” he said.

A neighbour, who only wanted to be known as Sri, claimed that there were frequent fights between the couple in the past few months.

"I often hear them fight in the past two months. Sometimes, I also hear loud sounds of things being smashed to the floor.

“I do not know them that well as we hardly see each other. I was shocked when I found out about a murder case involving the couple,” she said.

News Source