- 150g Gula Melaka
- 100g coconut milk
- 2 pcs pandan leaves
- 6 pcs egg (60g each)
- 150g self raising flour
- 35g caster sugar
- 1/4 cream of tartar
- 4 tsp coconut oil or olive oil
- Boiled at low heat for gula melaka, coconut milk, and pandan leaves until dissolves then side aside to cool.
- Mix and stir egg yolk with coconut oil, followed by the gula melaka syrup.
- Pour in the self-raising flour and stir well till combined.
- Whish egg whites and cream tartar till frothy with mixer at low speed, add in the sugar in 3 times continue to beat egg white until stiff peak form.
- Add 1/3 of the egg white into egg yolk mixture and fold well. Then gently fold in the rest of egg whites till combined.
- Pour batter into an 8 inch chiffon tube pan.
- Bake in the preheated owen at 170c for about 40-45minutes
- Invert the cake pan immediately to cook completely before removing the cake from pan.