image credit : rakskitchen
- 1 cup rice Cook and cool down
- 1 cup cucumber grated
- 1 cup coconut grated
- 4 green chillies slit
- 1 tsp ginger chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- 8 cashews
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 2 tsp chana dal
- 1 pinch asafoetida generous
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- Wash rice and pressure cook for 4 whistles with 2 & 1/2 cups water.
- Once done invert to a broad vessel and spread gently to cool down. You can add a drizle of coconut oil or sesame oil to ease grains separate.
- Wash and peel the cucumber. Cut into small portions.Grate all the sides surrounding the center portion, leaving the seeds. I used my julienne grater.
- Measure 1 cup and set aside. Gather other ingredients needed.
- Heat a pan/ kadai with coconut oil. First roast cashews and set aside.
- In the same oil, splutter mustard followed by all other ingredients under ‘to temper’.
- Add grated coconut and roast for a minute without changing its colour.
- In goes the grated cucumber, little salt and cook until the cucumber turns translucent.
- Add cooked rice and required salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Lastly add coriander leaves and give it a mix, switch off the flame. Garnish with roasted cashews.