Image credit : cookinglsl
prep time: 15 MINS cook time: 15 MINS total time: 2 HRS 30 MINS
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups + 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract — (optional)
- Sprinkles to decorate
In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add egg and beat on medium speed until incorporated. Add in vanilla.
In a bowl combine flour, cornstarch and baking soda, then add to the sugar-butter mixture. Mix until incorporated.
Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
Roll out dough about 1/4 inch thick. Cut out Christmas tree shaped cookies using a cookie cutter.
Chill cookies for at least 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 F (177 C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
Bake cookies for 10-13 minutes until they start to turn golden. Be careful not to over bake.
Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and let them cool completely.
- Bring heavy cream to just a boil and remove from heat. Place chocolate chips in a medium bowl. Pour cream over chocolate chips, stirring to combine (might take a few minutes). Add in peppermint extract (if you decide to use it). Set ganache a side to set, stirring every so often.
To assemble the the cookies:
- Once cookies have cooled to room temperature, fill them with the ganache , you can use a piping bag or spatula. Then dip them in an angle into the ganache. Top with sprinkles