Finance Minister, Tengku Datuk Seri Tengku Zafrul Aziz has just announced how much will be given as financial aid through the Bantuan Prihatin Rakyat for the year 2021. The announcement was made along with the rest of the 2021 budget presentation.
For households earning < RM2,500 per month:
- RM1,200 will be received if have one child
- Households with two or more children will receive RM1,800
For households earning RM2,501 - RM4000 per month:
- RM800 will be given to those with one child
- RM1,200 will be given to those with two and more children
Households earning RM4,001 - RM5000 per month:
- RM500 will be received for one child
- RM750 if have two children or more
Single individuals earning < RM2,500 per month:
- RM350 will be given to individual aged 21 and over
This is a stark difference from 2020’s budget of only giving aid to single individuals above 40 years old.
“This financial aid of RM6.5 billion in total will help 8.1 million Malaysians, compared to last year’s budget of RM5 billion for 4.3 million Malaysians,” said the Finance Minister.