You can apply for digital certificate now on MySejahtera app if vaccinated abroad

Those who have gotten their Covid-19 vaccination abroad can now apply for a digital vaccine certificate through the MySejahtera app.

The Special Committee on Ensuring Access to Covid-19 Vaccine Supply (JKJAV) tweeted that the public can do so by selecting the Helpdesk function on the app.

Users will then be taken to the MySejahtera website, where they need to select option N that reads “I have received my vaccination overseas and would like to obtain my digital certificate in MySejahtera".

They will then be required to input their personal information, declare how many doses they have received and upload a document proving they have been vaccinated.

Once approved, the user’s MySejahtera app will be updated to display their vaccination status on the profile page.

Previously, overseas travellers including returning Malaysians who were vaccinated abroad needed to go to the nearest health district office to inform the personnel of their vaccination status.

Science, Technology and Innovation Minister Datuk Seri Dr Adham Baba was reported saying that the district health office will then forward the information to the state Health Department to verify the certificates before informing the Crisis Preparedness and Response Centre to issue its own certificates through the MySejahtera application.

“Regardless of the nationality, we want to, most importantly, confirm whether the vaccination certificates issued abroad are genuine and to find out the types of vaccines received,” he said.

According to the JKJAV, as of Oct 6, 94.5% of the adult population in Malaysia had received their first dose while 88.4% had received both doses.

Source: The Star

Did you face any issue in getting your digital certificate?