JOHOR BARU: The remand period for the suspect (pic) involved in the murder of his wife and infant has been extended for another week.
Johor Baru South OCPD Asst Comm Raub Selamat said the remand order of the 25-year-old, which was supposed to end yesterday, had been granted an extension.
“The application to extend the remand order has been allowed. The suspect will be held for another week until next Monday,” he said.
ACP Raub said police were also awaiting a court order to send the suspect for mental health evaluation.
On July 4, the suspect was arrested shortly after the remains of a 26-year-old pastry chef and her baby boy were found in a pool of blood near the front door of their house.
The suspect allegedly fled the scene on a motorcycle after the incident and was later seen riding on busy roads in Johor Baru without any clothes on.
Video clips of the naked man on a motorcycle went viral across social media platforms.