MySejahtera new feature for people who can't vaccinated or complete vaccinations to indicate reasons

KUALA LUMPUR: MySejahtera will come up with a feature to indicate medical reasons for those who cannot be vaccinated or complete their vaccination.

Health Minister Khairy Jamaluddin said this amid growing concerns about the group, especially on the status of their job security, and others.

"As long as they have a doctor’s confirmation that they cannot be vaccinated or complete their vaccinations for medical reasons, there will be a feature under MySejahtera that indicates this.

“Therefore, we will come up with the SOP applicable to them,” he said at this press conference after taking on the portfolio in Putrajaya today.

Khairy also said those refusing Covid-19 vaccination could be subjected to routine tests as part of health measures since vaccination was not mandatory.

He said a national testing strategy or policy would be proposed to be implemented when Covid-19 becomes endemic in the country.

“We are going to encourage (vaccinations) and provide privileges for people who have been vaccinated. They (vaccinated individuals) are allowed to do things that the unvaccinated people can’t.”

Khairy said employers could also use discretion to encourage vaccination, such as only allowing those who have been vaccinated access to certain privileges.

Testing would also become more affordable when Covid-19 becomes endemic, he said.

"At this (endemic) stage, whether you are vaccinated or not, you need to test yourself quite regularly. That’s why we want to make testing more affordable and more accessible.

"So those who refuse to get vaccination will have to have a regular testing schedule for them to follow.

“My preferred option here is to see those not vaccinated to get their reasons (for not getting vaccinated) on medical grounds. We have not reached a point where I make a recommendation to the cabinet for a federal mandate (for vaccination), but I’m not far from that move either.”

Source: New Straits Times

Do you think this is an important feature? What feature do you think can add into MySejahtera?