i-City to invest RM10mil to enhance theme park with 3D metaverse

i-City has the right ingredients to become a global financial hub and support high-value industries.

SHAH ALAM: i-City Malaysia is embarking on a RM10 million digital transformation plan to enhance its theme park with an immersive 3D Metaverse experience.

i-City’s head of Leisure, Tang Soke Cheng said the project will be implemented together with China Mobile International (CMIM), which is currently building the technology platform for the infusion of Metaverse in the i-City theme park.

“The new experience will be unveiled at the 2023 New Year countdown, and the Metaverse experience is expected to draw 10 million visitors to the theme park in 2023,” she said in a statement today.

CMIM’s Enterprise director Jackie Chen Jiang Long said that the introduction of the 5G network this year is timely for the project.

"Metaverse requires 3D modalities to be transmitted digitally. This can be in the form of avatars and structures, among others. The more life-like the 3D model is, the more details it will require and the more data it will consume.

"As such, the implementation of 5G together with the hyperscale cloud computing infrastructure – which i-City is currently building – will be instrumental to the success of this project,” said Chen. - Bernama

source: the star